Will the promise of a cashback or the possibility of winning something encourage you to return again to that store? ZAP answers this with a resounding yes promising its prospective partner merchants that 25% of its customers will return in 30 days.
As a business owner, I’d be skeptical about this and would demand a report based on in depth study. As a customer and ZAP user, I’d advise the business owner to try it out because this is a reward system that is hard to pass up.
But if you’re not a business owner, would you join ZAP as a customer/member? I’d say you should. Because the reward system not only benefits the partner merchant but the ZAP member as well.
Fab Five Reasons why It Pays to Be A ZAP Member
- As a ZAP member, each time you buy from a partner establishment, you get a cashback rebate rate between 5% to 20% based on the total amount you spent at that establishment. These are called points.
- You can spend your points like cash. Each point you have earned is equivalent to Php1.00 (may vary per country), which you can use to pay for your purchases on partner merchants. It doesn’t matter where you earned your points, you can spend them all on one partner establishment if you want.
- You can win jackpots. These are monthly giveaways by partner establishments to their patrons. The giveaways are points and the amount varies depending on how many ZAP members bought from them at a given month.
- You already have free 30 points upon sign-up.
- You also get an additional 30 points when you refer ZAP to a friend and that friend signs-up.
How do you use ZAP?
- Sign up. When you sign up, you only need your e-mail and/or mobile phone number. You can edit your account later, including your pin number.
- Download the app. This will give you an updated list of ZAP’s partner merchants, including their location. You can filter/sort to ease your search. You can even find out which of these are near you.
- Redeem points. When you go to a partner establishment, tell them you’re a ZAP member upon payment. They will show you a tablet in which you will enter your mobile number. That will ensure that you will get credited for your purchase.
- Pay using your points. If you want to use your points for payment, just tell the partner establishment that you’ll do so. They will give you the same tablet but this time, you will enter your mobile number AND pin number.
- Refer a friend. Within the app you have a link you can tap to refer or invite a friend. You can invite your friend via Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, or you can copy the link to your code and share it some other way. Like this.
DOES IT WORK?
It does. I’ve been a member for almost a year now and I can guarantee all of the above. I got my 30 points waiting for me when I signed up. I referred a friend and we both got free 30 points—I got it for referring him, he got his for signing up.
I have received the rebates. It takes a day or 2 for the points to be credited to your account but you will see them under “pending” immediately so you know that it is being processed.
I have won a jackpot thanks to Mrs. Fields, one of ZAP’s partner merchants. And I have used the points I’ve earned and won on other ZAP establishments and on numerous occasions.
Is ZAP for you?
It depends. If you’re the type who loves winning without really doing anything, yes it is. If you love rebates and free points, ZAP will give you that. If you like being appreciated as a patron, you’d get that through ZAP’s cashback system.
Personally, I like all these things. Plus, I already go to most of ZAP’s establishments so ZAP just gives me additional perks. Who wouldn’t want that?
ZAP’s merchant base continually grows so you expect that sooner or later, your favorite store or restaurant will be part of it, too. But just know that the partnership deal between ZAP and each establishment is not permanent and does not apply for all branches so it’s not permanent.
NOTE: This post is NOT sponsored in any way. You may, however, see this as a testament to how I find being a ZAP member beneficial and you can sign-up via the link I gave above or by clicking the ZAP logo.